Forum Hrvata BiH

Sada je: 28 tra 2024, 06:29.

Vremenska zona: UTC + 01:00

Započni novu temu Odgovori  [ 139 post(ov)a ] 
Stranica 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Sljedeća
Autor/ica Poruka
 Naslov: HercegBosna.org glossary of terms
PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 20:21 

I thought this might be a fun project to collect all of our favorite terms used in HB and present them to a non Croatian speaking audience. I have started with the major terms we use on the forum. If something could be better defined please let us know!

HercegBosna.org glossary of terms

Platformistan: (Platform-stan) a term for the Muslim half of the Federation. The platform refers to the current coalition of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) headed by Zlatko Lagumdžija, The Party for Democratic Action (SDA) led by Bakir Izetbegović, The People's Party Work for Betterment (NSRZB) led by Jerko Ivanković and Croatian Party of Rights (HSP-BiH) led by Zvonko Jurišić. This platform has been trying to unsuccessfully form a working government in BiH for over a year.

Trokutistan: (Triangle-stan) another term for the Muslim half of the Federation. This is the triangle formed by the cities of Sarajevo, Zenica, and Tuzla.

Perecija: (Pretzel-land) Croatia. Even through Croatia is croissant shaped the name this particular pastry refers to the current government's snake-like ability to do anything to distance themselves from Croats in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Republika Šumska: (forest republic) The RS šumska is derived from the word for forest and region in Serbia known as šumadija.

Četnitet: (chetnik entity) the RS

Babovina: (father's land) As opposed to fatherland this term refers to Fikret Abdić (aka Babo) and Velika Kladuša. It could also be expanded to the whole Una-Sana Canton.

Zlovenija: (Evil Land) Slovenia. Slovenians would be called Zlovenci.

Zegej: (pronounced Zee-gay) Zagreb. Probably derived from the city's initials ZG. Reference to Croatia's political elites in Zagreb.

Sejdo Komšić: aka Željko Komšić or the "Croat" representative to the Bosnian presidency. Sejdo is derived from the person Sejdo Bajramović who in real life was regarded as a puppet of Slobodan Milošević. His name now is synonymous with quisling. Komšić is regarded by Croats as a puppet of SDP frontman Zlatko Lagumdžija.

Zlaja: Zlatko Lagumdžija head of the Social Democratic Part (SDP)

Tehran-X: refers to the Sarajevo-X website.

Vrh

Naslov: Re: HercegBosna.org glossary of terms
PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 21:07 

Great idea...

I would add

Alija Izmetbegović (you can write a description) :)

Niski predstavnik Valentin Inzko

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 21:45 

Also we should include in this glossary the following terms :

YUrišić
Zubar
Đeneral neću-izdat-ja

To moj je, moj je dom!

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 22:41 

MRSHO and Zadar1991: great suggestions! How did I forget YUrišić and ********...

Alija Izmetbegović: aka Alija Izetbegović the first president of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Not popular among BiH Croatians. "Izmet" is the Croatian word for feces (or poop).

Niski predstavnik Valentin Inzko: (Low Representative) Valentin Inzko. Austrian politician of Slovene origin. He is the High Representative of the OHR mission to BiH. Often accused of being a servant to expansionist Bosniak political goals.

YUrišić: aka Dr. Zvonko Jurišić head of the Croatian Party of Rights (HSP-BiH). YU is how the first letters of his surname would be pronounced in English. It is spelled that way because Croats believe him to have betrayed the center right wing principles of the Croatian Party of Rights to join with the left wing Platformistan coalition which wants to centralize the state akin to Yugoslavia. Also probably joined Platformistan to get influence. HSP BiH is a minor political party.

Zubar: (the dentist) aka Dr. Zvonko Jurišić see "YUrišić".

Đeneral neću-izdat-ja: (General I-will-Not-Betray) aka General Živko Budimir. Member of the Croatian Party of Rights (HSP BiH) and current president of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The name derives from his campaign slogan "Neću Izdat Ja" - I will not betray. Accused of betraying Croatian interests by joining the Platformistan coalition.

********: an alternate name for the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. ******** in Croatian means "gay".

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 22:47 

Lokacija: Multietnička federalna jedinica sa hrvatskom većinom
MultietniĆari. What should we write in this description? :zubati

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 22:52 

Stecak je napisao/la:
Đeneral neću-izdat-ja: (General I-will-Not-Betray) aka General Živko Budimir. Member of the Croatian Party of Rights (HSP BiH) and current president of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The name derives from the song by Thompson "Neću Izdat Ja" - I will not betray. Accused of betraying Croatian interests by joining the Platformistan coalition.

"Neću Izdat Ja" was his campaign slogan.

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 22:55 

JosipTG: Thank you for the update. I have corrected the official entry above.

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 22:58 

lider30 je napisao/la:
MultietniĆari. What should we write in this description? :zubati

another great suggestion! I just can't remember why we spell it with a capital Ć...

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 23:00 

Another suggestion:

FUJ TV for FTV (Federalna Televiziija, public TV servis of FBiH)

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 stu 2011, 23:11 

Next one... :D

slika

Resurs-efendija, dikobraz = Stjepan Mesić

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 04:44 

I have completed several more entries. I think i could have done a better job with "Resurs Efendija" but it is late and I am tired. lider30 please let me know what you think of the entry for multietniĆari...

FUJ TV: (phooey) TV aka Federation TV. Journalists working for the network are accoused of behaving unprofessionally and being notoriously ant-Croat.

Resurs-efendija: (Resource effendi) aka ex-President of Croatia Stjepan Mesić. Accused of being vehemently anti HercegBosna. Sent financial aid to Croats in BiH directly through Sarajevo.

Dikobraz: (procupine) nickname, based on his appearance, for ex-President of Croatia Stjepan Mesić.

MultietniĆari: (multi-ethnics) used to describe people and political parties that promote a romantic vision of ethnic harmony in Bosnia-Herzegovina. it is properly written as multietničari, but the capital Ć symbolizes the lie of multi-ethnic politics and romantic multiculturalism in BiH.

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 09:22 

You can find more terms here:

http://www.hercegbosna.org/kolumne/dzabahirija-satiricni-prilog/upotrebni-rjecnik-bosanskog-jezika-sarajevskog-unitariste-830.html

The "Ć" where "Č" should be thing is making fun of our dear Bosnian Muslim neighbours due to their tendency to mix "Č" and "Ć" and "Đ" and "Dž" (majority of them for example tend to say Tudžman). Comes in handy when identifying imposters on the net.

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 11:43 

Treba ovu temu na sticky staviti.

Inače bi trebali početi službeno na engleskom pisati na forumu. Ne možeš se vrijeđati i psovati kao na domaćim jezicima.

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 12:32 

It is my pleasure to help expand our glossary :thumbup , also I think we should add following terms :

Cvjećari
Bakirovi 100% patrioti
Bakir Izmetbegović

To moj je, moj je dom!

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 17:30 

Ministry of Sound je napisao/la:
You can find more terms here:

http://www.hercegbosna.org/kolumne/dzabahirija-satiricni-prilog/upotrebni-rjecnik-bosanskog-jezika-sarajevskog-unitariste-830.html

The "Ć" where "Č" should be thing is making fun of our dear Bosnian Muslim neighbours due to their tendency to mix "Č" and "Ć" and "Đ" and "Dž" (majority of them for example tend to say Tudžman). Comes in handy when identifying imposters on the net.

Ministry thank you for the link. I will look at those terms too.

I revised the entry for multietniĆari and added a new one.

GraDŽani: (citizens) properly spelled građani. Capital DŽ pokes fun of Bosnian Muslims tendency to mix the dž and đ. See multietniĆari.

MultietniĆari: (multi-ethnics) used to describe people and political parties that promote a romantic vision of ethnic harmony in Bosnia-Herzegovina. it is properly written as multietničari, but the capital Ć is a jab at the Bosnian Muslim's tendency to mix "Č" and "Ć" sounds. Some also add that the Ć symbolizes the lie of multiethnicity.

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 17:33 

Zadar1993 je napisao/la:
It is my pleasure to help expand our glossary :thumbup , also I think we should add following terms :

Cvjećari
Bakirovi 100% patrioti
Bakir Izmetbegović

Zadar1993 at the rate we are adding terms we should probably create a more formal organization: HercegBosanski Leksikografski Zavod :zubati

Let me know what you think about these. Last night I had an entry written for cvjećarstvo, but I didn't add it because I didn't like how I wrote it.

Bakir Izmetbegović: aka Bakir Izetbegović the current head of the Party for Democratic Action (SDA) and son of deceased first president of BiH, Alija Izetbegović. "Izmet" is the Croatian word for feces (or poop).

Bakirovi 100% patrioti: (Bakir's 100% patroits) derived from an October 2011 letter that Bakir Izetbegović sent to Milorad Dodik, urging him to cease with rhetoric that would lead to conflict and that "any kind of attempt to undermine the unity of the country will come across the resistance of 100% patriots who are ready at any moment to defend Bosnia and Herzegovina".

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 20:38 

Stecak je napisao/la:
Zadar1993 je napisao/la:

Cvjećari
Bakirovi 100% patrioti
Bakir Izmetbegović

Zadar1993 at the rate we are adding terms we should probably create a more formal organization: HercegBosanski Leksikografski Zavod :zubati

Let me know what you think about these. Last night I had an entry written for cvjećarstvo, but I didn't add it because I didn't like how I wrote it.

Bakir Izmetbegović: aka Bakir Izetbegović the current head of the Party for Democratic Action (SDA) and son of deceased first president of BiH, Alija Izetbegović. "Izmet" is the Croatian word for feces (or poop).

Bakirovi 100% patrioti: (Bakir's 100% patroits) derived from an October 2011 letter that Bakir Izetbegović sent to Milorad Dodik, urging him to cease with rhetoric that would lead to conflict and that "any kind of attempt to undermine the unity of the country will come across the resistance of 100% patriots who are ready at any moment to defend Bosnia and Herzegovina".

I agree with your idea to form HercegBosanski Leksikografski Zavod :zubati .

The description of our terms are correct and very precise .

What about the term Cvjećari ? Can you send me the description of the term on PP ?

Also i suggest we should add some Bosniak terms that would help our guests understand what are we dealing with here :zubati :

Država za Ćoeka
Jedna i jedina
Genocidna tvorevina
Kamenjar
Bosansko more

To moj je, moj je dom!

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 21:51 

Zadar1993: I came up with a definition for cvjećarstvo that I could live with. I think Država za Ćoeka could use some work...

Cvjećarstvo: (floriculture) the idea that the Bosnian Muslims are the "flower of the Croatian people" as claimed by Dr. Ante Starčević and his ideological descendents down through the present day. Proponents of this ideology are called cvjećari (florists).

Država za Ćoeka: (a state for the people) derived from campaign slogan “Država za Čovjeka“ of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) during the 2010 elections. Ćoek is an archaic pronouciation. See also MultietniĆari.

Jedna si jedina: ( you are the one and only) used to romantically describe Bosnia and Herzegovina. Derived from the former national anthem of Bosnia and Herzegovina by the same name. Considered the “real” national anthem. Sung at all BiH sports matches.

Genocidna tvorevina: (genocidal creation) aka the Republic of Srpska.

Kamenjar: (person or regions of the rocks) pejorative term for Herzegovina and Herzegovinian Croats.

Bosansko more: (the Bosnian sea) refers to the area that BiH touches the Adriatic at Neum. Used to show that Bosnia has access to the sea. Also used to negate Herzegovina as Neum is geographically in this region.

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 23:48 

Stecak je napisao/la:
Zadar1993: I came up with a definition for cvjećarstvo that I could live with. I think Država za Ćoeka could use some work...

Cvjećarstvo: (floriculture) the idea that the Bosnian Muslims are the "flower of the Croatian people" as claimed by Dr. Ante Starčević and his ideological descendents down through the present day. Proponents of this ideology are called cvjećari (florists).

Država za Ćoeka: (a state for the people) derived from campaign slogan “Država za Čovjeka“ of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) during the 2010 elections. Ćoek is an archaic pronouciation. See also MultietniĆari.

Jedna si jedina: ( you are the one and only) used to romantically describe Bosnia and Herzegovina. Derived from the former national anthem of Bosnia and Herzegovina by the same name. Considered the “real” national anthem. Sung at all BiH sports matches.

Genocidna tvorevina: (genocidal creation) aka the Republic of Srpska.

Kamenjar: (person or regions of the rocks) pejorative term for Herzegovina and Herzegovinian Croats.

Bosansko more: (the Bosnian sea) refers to the area that BiH touches the Adriatic at Neum. Used to show that Bosnia has access to the sea. Also used to negate Herzegovina as Neum is geographically in this region.

:thumbup These definitions are quite clear, thou i would add also the results of SPD's program Država za Ćoeka , by that i mean Canton Sarajevo which has great social and economic problems at the moment. Maybe also for Cvjećarstvo you could add : some ideologists still cling to this idea although they saw how the "flower of Croatian people" acted toward Croats of Herzeg-Bosnia in 1992 - 1994 .

Long live HercegBosanski Leksikografski Zavod :HercegBosanac :zubati

To moj je, moj je dom!

Vrh

PostPostano: 10 stu 2011, 23:50 

Lokacija: Multietnička federalna jedinica sa hrvatskom većinom
Stecak je napisao/la:

MultietniĆari: (multi-ethnics) used to describe people and political parties that promote a romantic vision of ethnic harmony in Bosnia-Herzegovina. it is properly written as multietničari, but the capital Ć is a jab at the Bosnian Muslim's tendency to mix "Č" and "Ć" sounds. Some also add that the Ć symbolizes the lie of multiethnicity.

This capital Ć means that Bosnian Muslims use this term just as a mask for their attempts to gain political dominance of B&H.

Vrh

PostPostano: 13 stu 2011, 01:45 

hilarious thread

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIooooooooooo

Vrh

PostPostano: 13 stu 2011, 09:40 

Mustaša/e :ujko :

Vrh

PostPostano: 13 stu 2011, 14:11 

Platforma - new concept of muslim dominated federal government.

Vrh

PostPostano: 13 stu 2011, 14:12 

"Varta" term is missing ?

Vrh

PostPostano: 15 stu 2011, 16:27 

Zadar1993 je napisao/la:

:thumbup These definitions are quite clear, thou i would add also the results of SPD's program Država za Ćoeka , by that i mean Canton Sarajevo which has great social and economic problems at the moment. Maybe also for Cvjećarstvo you could add : some ideologists still cling to this idea although they saw how the "flower of Croatian people" acted toward Croats of Herzeg-Bosnia in 1992 - 1994 .

Long live HercegBosanski Leksikografski Zavod :HercegBosanac :zubati

Updates:

Cvjećarstvo: (floriculture) the idea that the Bosnian Muslims are the "flower of the Croatian people" as claimed by Dr. Ante Starčević and his ideological descendents down through the present day. Proponents of this ideology are called cvjećari (florists). Some still cling to this ideology in light of the current situation and even after the Croat-Muslim fighting of 1992-1994,

Država za Ćoeka: (a state for the people) derived from campaign slogan “Država za Čovjeka“ of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) during the 2010 elections. Also used to describe the Sarajevo Canton which is run by the SDP and currently facing social and economic problems or "Kanton za Ćoeka." Ćoek is an archaic pronouciation. See also MultietniĆari.

Vrh

Prikaži postove “stare”:  Redanje  
Započni novu temu Odgovori  [ 139 post(ov)a ]  Stranica 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Sljedeća

Vremenska zona: UTC + 01:00

Trenutno korisnika/ca: / i 5 gostiju.

Ne možeš započinjati nove teme.
Ne možeš odgovarati na postove.
Ne možeš uređivati svoje postove.
Ne možeš izbrisati svoje postove.
Ne možeš postati privitke.

Forum(o)Bir: