Sada je: 19 tra 2024, 18:58.

Vremenska zona: UTC + 01:00

Započni novu temu Odgovori  [ 878 post(ov)a ] 
Stranica 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Sljedeća
Autor/ica Poruka
 Naslov: Improve your English
PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 20:10 

Lokacija: Multietnička federalna jedinica sa hrvatskom većinom
Here's the thread about English language. There are plenty of people on this forum from Australia, United States and Canada, so I think they could transfer to us parts of their knowledge of English.
We'd really appreciate it if they correct our posts, every time when we make mistakes.

Thanks in advance. :zubati

Vrh

Naslov: Re: Improve your English
PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 20:28 

Odlična tema, (Great Topic Mr Lider) ;)

Malo me ovaj prijevod zeza, (možda je samo umor u pitanju, obično kad uveče nešto ne znam ujutro se nasmijem kako je to jednostavno)

...Holy Spirit, by being present to our life we are present to the God within us and our life expirience.

Znači nešto kao - Duh sveti, time što je predstavljen u našem životu (ili predstavljen našem životu) time smo, kao, i mi predstavljeni Bogu u nama i našem životmom iskustvu.
Ali problem je što ta rečenica ovako prevedena nema smisla ili je ovo neka dublja filozofija?? :neznam

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 20:31 

Actually talking proves to be a more difficult task, in comparison to writing! :D

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 21:55 

Yo, what's up nigga. :D

Svi mi prdimo

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 22:44 

Pitajte sto god hocete......

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 22:47 

max soldo je napisao/la:
Pitajte sto god hocete......

Ja sam već pitao, ima gore.

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 22:57 

Please, write only in English.

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:01 

Bobovac je napisao/la:

Malo me ovaj prijevod zeza, (možda je samo umor u pitanju, obično kad uveče nešto ne znam ujutro se nasmijem kako je to jednostavno)

...Holy Spirit, by being present to our life we are present to the God within us and our life expirience.

Znači nešto kao - Duh sveti, time što je predstavljen u našem životu (ili predstavljen našem životu) time smo, kao, i mi predstavljeni Bogu u nama i našem životmom iskustvu.
Ali problem je što ta rečenica ovako prevedena nema smisla ili je ovo neka dublja filozofija?? :neznam

Da, to zvuci malo glupo i na engleski i nije ni bas tocno gramaticki.

Trebalo bih ovako:

Holy spirit, by being present in our lives we experience God within us and our life experience.

I ovo opet zvuci malo glupo.

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:02 

lider30 je napisao/la:

Apologies lider, will only post in English on this thread from now on.

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:05 

lider30 je napisao/la:

OK, but I dont know how we can, for example, translate something from English to Croatian If we can`t write in Croatian??

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:07 

Bobovac je napisao/la:
lider30 je napisao/la:

OK, but I dont know how we can, for example, translate something from English to Croatian If we can`t write in Croatian??

You should such phrase put in quotes.

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:08 

lider30 je napisao/la:
Bobovac je napisao/la:

You should put such a phrase in qutoes. :D

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:10 

dudu je napisao/la:
lider30 je napisao/la:

You should put such a phrase in qutoes. :D

Thanks. :zubati

Vrh

PostPostano: 08 sij 2012, 23:32 

Nearing my law english exam :D .If I have any questions about certain phrases from British English, (Barristers , Solicitors etc...) I'll ask here :D .

To moj je, moj je dom!

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 01:50 

lider30 je napisao/la:
Here's the thread about English language. There are plenty of people on this forum from Australia, United States and Canada, so I think they could transfer us parts of their knowledge of English.
We'd really appreciate it if they correct our posts, every time when we make mistakes.

As my contribution to the topic, I thought up 3 challenging problems for you! (smisliti = think up)

1. The use of "at", "on", and "in". (U hrvatskom sve troje u kontekstu donje rečenice znači "na". U engleskom imamo tri različita "na". :zubati )
Fill in the gaps:
#__ the Summer __ the last day of August, open the book __ the page 46 and there you will see the figure with some diagram __ it. There are two red dots; one of them is situated __ the green line, and the other one is __ the intersection of two lines.
Citat:
Prijevod: Na ljeto na zadnji dan kolovoza, otvori knjigu na stranici 46 gdje ćeš ugledati sliku na kojoj je prikazan neki dijagram. Dvije crvene točke se nalaze tamo: jedna je smještena na zelenoj crti, a druga je na presjecištu dvije linije.
We can later discuss the approximate logic of using these guys. (ili barem onako kako su meni svojevremeno objašnjavali :zubati )

2. Translate:
Citat:
Idi tamo skroz dolje i nađi komad sira na stolu, podigni ga, otkini četvrtinu, a ostatak baci.

Citat:
Ne može svatko uspjeti da dođe tamo za manje od tri sata, uostalom vrijeme će se pogoršati a on nea prikladne tenisice za kišu, a nema ih ni Cody. Odvezi nas s autom, a usput se možemo družiti s Veronikom. Što se Robbija tiče, odlično se slažem s njim otkad se poznajemo.

Citat:
Adrian će izaći iz vlaka, Marco će izaći iz zgrade, Noah će izaći kroz vrata, a tvoja djevojka će izaći sa mnom (dok si na službenom putovanju).

3. Find mistakes:
Citat:
The idea is to learn you how to do additional effort in order to achieve what you want.

Probaj riješit. Što više pogriješiš ili budeš nesiguran, to ćeš više naučit kad budemo analizirali rješenja. :zubati

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIooooooooooo

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 19:14 

The sentence is:

"We can use this word, when talking about the happiness."

Is it possible to say the same sentence on this way:

"We can use this word, when we talk about the happiness." ???

What's the difference?

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 19:21 

"We can use this word, when talking about the happiness." and "We can use this word when we talk about the happiness" are both fine although you should just say "happiness" not "the happiness".

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 19:53 

Rory Gallivan je napisao/la:
"We can use this word, when talking about the happiness." and "We can use this word when we talk about the happiness" are both fine although you should just say "happiness" not "the happiness".

Thank you man. I appreciate it. :palacgore2

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 21:31 

max soldo je napisao/la:
Bobovac je napisao/la:

Da, to zvuci malo glupo i na engleski i nije ni bas tocno gramaticki.

Trebalo bih ovako:

Holy spirit, by being present in our lives we experience God within us and our life experience.

I ovo opet zvuci malo glupo.

How about this: By the Holy Spirit being present in our lives, we experience God within us and in our lives...

I rearranged the word order a little. I think it sounds a little better. I removed the part about life experience and shortened it because I think it is redundant.

I think with translating into and out of any language you can't do it word for word and keep sentences the same. When I translate from Croatian into English I try to keep in mind that I am writing for people who are either native speakers of English or near native. I also want keep the tone of the text the same as the original, meaning if we are speaking about philosophy I want to translation to sound philosophical by using the appropriate terms, etc.

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 21:44 

Robbie MO je napisao/la:

As my contribution to the topic, I thought up 3 challenging problems for you! (smisliti = think up)

1. The use of "at", "on", and "in". (U hrvatskom sve troje u kontekstu donje rečenice znači "na". U engleskom imamo tri različita "na". :zubati )
Fill in the gaps:
#__ the Summer __ the last day of August, open the book __ the page 46 and there you will see the figure with some diagram __ it. There are two red dots; one of them is situated __ the green line, and the other one is __ the intersection of two lines.

Robbie MO: your sentence also shows us another problem between Croatian and English. In Croatian you do not have "a", "an" or "the".

in this case "the" shows up a few more times then we really need it so I removed a few of the extra ones. I also changed one "the" into an "a" and changed "some" to an "a" and I think it sounds better:

__ Summer __ the last day of August, open the book __ page 46 and there you will see a figure with a diagram __ it. There are two red dots; one of them is situated __ the green line, and the other one is __ the intersection of two lines.

I had mentioned translating in my previous post. See if you can translate these terms. There is no right answer....

Ćevabdžinica:

Burekdžinica:

Bekrija:

kobajagi:

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 21:50 

Thanks Stecak, I guess (in)definite articles are only things in grammar that I am still doing mistakes.

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 22:01 

Robbie MO je napisao/la:
lider30 je napisao/la:
Here's the thread about English language. There are plenty of people on this forum from Australia, United States and Canada, so I think they could transfer us parts of their knowledge of English.

Fill in the gaps:
Citat:
Prijevod: Na ljeto na zadnji dan kolovoza, otvori knjigu na stranici 46 gdje ćeš ugledati sliku na kojoj je prikazan neki dijagram. Dvije crvene točke se nalaze tamo: jedna je smještena na zelenoj crti, a druga je na presjecištu dvije linije.
We can later discuss the approximate logic of using these guys. (ili barem onako kako su meni svojevremeno objašnjavali :zubati )

2. Translate:
Citat:
Idi tamo skroz dolje i nađi komad sira na stolu, podigni ga, otkini četvrtinu, a ostatak baci.

Citat:
Ne može svatko uspjeti da dođe tamo za manje od tri sata, uostalom vrijeme će se pogoršati a on nea prikladne tenisice za kišu, a nema ih ni Cody. Odvezi nas s autom, a usput se možemo družiti s Veronikom. Što se Robbija tiče, odlično se slažem s njim otkad se poznajemo.

Citat:
Adrian će izaći iz vlaka, Marco će izaći iz zgrade, Noah će izaći kroz vrata, a tvoja djevojka će izaći sa mnom (dok si na službenom putovanju).

3. Find mistakes:
Citat:
The idea is to learn you how to do additional effort in order to achieve what you want.

Probaj riješit. Što više pogriješiš ili budeš nesiguran, to ćeš više naučit kad budemo analizirali rješenja. :zubati

No one wanna take a shot?

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 22:01 

Stecak je napisao/la:
Robbie MO je napisao/la:

__ Summer __ the last day of August, open the book __ page 46 and there you will see a figure with a diagram __ it. There are two red dots; one of them is situated __ the green line, and the other one is __ the intersection of two lines.

In Summer on the last day of August, open the book at page 46 and there you will see a figure with a diagram on it. There are two red dots; one of them is situated on the green line, and the other one is in the intersection of two lines.

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 22:06 

Robbie MO je napisao/la:
Thanks Stecak, I guess (in)definite articles are only things in grammar I am still doing mistakes.

Is this correctly:
"I guess (in)definite articles are only things in grammar, (where) I am still doing mistakes."??

Vrh

PostPostano: 09 sij 2012, 22:09 

In Summer on the last day of August, open the book at page 46 and there you will see a figure with a diagram on it. There are two red dots; one of them is situated on the green line, and the other one is ON the intersection of two lines.

Vrh

Prikaži postove “stare”:  Redanje  
Započni novu temu Odgovori  [ 878 post(ov)a ]  Stranica 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Sljedeća

Vremenska zona: UTC + 01:00

Trenutno korisnika/ca: / i 12 gostiju.

Ne možeš započinjati nove teme.
Ne možeš odgovarati na postove.
Ne možeš uređivati svoje postove.
Ne možeš izbrisati svoje postove.
Ne možeš postati privitke.

Forum(o)Bir: